Friday, September 15, 2023

5 thing Friday - Chinese lunch, Fall decor, thrifting, sweet treats, Happy Birthday to Coco!

 One day last week I took myself to lunch at a Chinese restaurant I hadn't been to in years.  The Chinese Eggplant with minced pork is my favorite thing.
Its in a spicy sweet sauce loaded with garlic and they bring you so much of it that I always have enough leftover for another meal, which as it turns out was one of my "kitchen closed" nights.
The empty but sentimental frame I have hanging near the kitchen got some new fall sprays.  You can't see them very well here, because its hard to get a picture in this shadowy recessed spot.
All of my Fall decor is pretty minimal this year.
At a neighbor's estate sale I loaded up a paper bag with: a neck pillow, glue gun and an almost full bag of glue sticks, Pyrex bowl, Calphalon lid for my crockpot, new paintbrush, tiny Christmas tree, glazed pottery pumpkin, and blue frame.  I probably could have added more, but it was 100 degrees in the shade and I had leftover Chinese food sitting in the car...
A snack while reading - they were actually pretty good.  I am all about the Season of Pumpkin.  A sweet treat that is somewhat healthy.
Also, I made a Pumpkin Dump Cake for The Girl's birthday and even though I did not follow the directions carefully...it came out great.  We had beef soft tacos, rice, beans, and street corn and I served the cake with Redi-Whip.  I hope The Girl had a good birthday and felt the love that we have for her.  Birthdays might feel different now, but that doesn't mean we won't keep celebrating them.
Happy Weekend,


Gina 

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love the frame with the spray, it's very charming. It's been 100 degrees here, too, which is very unusual for us, so I haven't been in a fall mood at all. Maybe this week if things cool down I'll put out a few pumpkins.