Friday, April 7, 2023

5 thing Friday - bluebonnets, therapy dough, work, candy, Scout

Last summer I collected a few bluebonnet seeds one afternoon at Highlands. 
Then I brought them home and sprinkled them in that little spot of grass by the street that is always full of weeds.  And they sprouted.  So I plan on doing that again until this whole area is full of them.
Its my mini-memorial to Mark.
Have you ever heard of this scented therapy dough?  Someone at work had it and passed it around.  Its not cheap, but it smells amazing and it was curiously calming to roll around in your hand.  I think this idea is pretty nifty and would make a good Christmas gift!
T-minus 6 more work days at my current hospital.  I will say my farewells, clean out my locker (which barely has anything in it anyway), and walk down this long hallway to the garage.  Its been a long 16 years and I am ready to start anew in a place where I feel that I can contribute more fully.
And that's all I'm going to blog about THAT.
My peeps are maybe too old for Easter baskets (ok, they definitely are!) but if they come to lunch on Sunday I will gift them these little covered cups of candy. (might get them a card, too...we shall see) I couldn't find pork shoulder at HEB, so I flexed to chicken thighs.  I'm going to pre-season and marinate them, then cook them in my crockpot to shred up and serve on buns, with pickles and onion, chips on the side.  Goodbye to fussy Easter luncheons.  And I will probably do a little bit of yardwork in the afternoon, if the weather is pretty.
I love when Facebook reminds me of my sweet ones.  Here is Scout, all of 17.  He was a nice kid, he is a nice adult.  The road has been bumpy, but I know he can make it.  And so can I.
Happy Easter,


Gina

2 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Happy Easter, Gina! Those candy cups are adorable and I'm sure that if you decide to use them, they will be appreciated. Also, Peeps never get too old, they just get crunchy. :-)

Anonymous said...

My son had the same Justin Bieber hairstyle!