Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Weekend re-cap: focus on home

Last weekend I didn't go anywhere but out for coffee with Scout on Sunday.
I had a list of things to do, such as powerwashing and cleaning the red rocks, but instead I just spent some time out there with my wine and enjoyed the little firepit, relaxing.
I'm so ready to move that BBQ grill and get those trees worked on.  You can see the ribbons that the tree company have marked them with - red means that tree is GOING.  I also think I will bring the swing back up from Highlands when we retrieve the riding mower that Firstborn is going to service for me.  I'm going to put it back in its little nook and sit in it from time to time.
I completely emptied that storage unit that was under the patio overhang.  The steel shelf unit and all of the BBQ equipment got moved into the garage.  This is a nice open space now.  It makes the patio look less cluttered.
I also finished the chunky blanket that The Girl and I were working on.  Its not perfect, but it is soft and cozy and this will be a sweet spot to curl up with a book this winter. The Christmas tree will be directly across the room, near the windows.
While I was at it, I took down old family portraits on this white shelf in the front room and I put some fall foliage in an old brass planter that I rescued from the guest room.  I gave it a quick cleaning first, but I didn't work too hard at it - I kind of like that it looks antique.
I really love my home and plan to spend more time nesting over the coming months.  That's something I wasn't getting to do much, with Highlands being the focus on most weekends.  There are lots of things I would love to work on here - it will just take time and money.
But for now, I can cozy the space up and try to relax a little.



Gina

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love the colors in your home and that window is dreamy. It's a very cozy room.