Friday, November 5, 2021

5 thing Friday - microwave, holiday decor, Tech Week. hummus, happy hour

When I saw Scout on Sunday, he casually mentioned that his microwave oven at his apartment was non-functioning.  Along with his dishwasher. He and Dutch manage on their own without complaining about life's big, and little, inconveniences and for that, I am proud of him.
I can't help with the dishwasher, but I can let him have this perfectly good microwave that Hubby had in the garage.  I remember getting on him about bringing it home from Firstborn's apartment - why do we need more junk in the garage, etc.
Words being eaten.
Thanksgiving/Fall decor was sparse around here this year, but it won't be that way for Christmas.  There's no reason for this to be Bleak House.  I am already planning on how I can make my home a special place for all of us to have a memorable Christmas together.  Yes, it will be different...
Mood.

Its Rad Tech Week next week and I feel like the hospital will pretty much not acknowledge it.  As far as I know, there are no lunches planned.  No special activities.  No gifties.  Very different from how things used to be.  Remember how things used to be?  Yeah.
I made hummus last weekend using chick peas that I cooked in my very own crockpot with homemade stock.  I swirled in some pesto and ate it with multi-grain pita chips for lunch.  I impressed myself.
Wednesday was a sucky day.  So I did what any single working woman did at the end of a trying day and took myself to happy hour at one of my favorite restaurants.
A doctor's visit/flu shot/lab draw/driving to work late in a downpour/crying in a dark office/late lunch/busy afternoon kind of happy hour, complete with a pulled pork quesadilla.  Then I went home an put on my soft flannel pj's.
And had a calm end to the day.


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I have never made hummus in the crockpot before, but I love that idea, because I’m guessing it makes a lot. Yours looks good. One of my favorite varieties is basil hummus, so I would love your pesto hummus. I had to smile when I read that you had a spare microwave. I do too and it’s out in my garage as well. It’s brand new, and I’m waiting for someone to need it.