Friday, November 12, 2021

5 thing Friday - dealership, portrait, yard, Christmas, Thanksgiving

In no particular order...
Last week I took off from work a couple of hours early so I could run a quick errand then head to the Subaru dealership for a recall repair they have been hounding me about.
I should have know when I drove up that it was going to be a very loooong wait...in fact, the "service advisor" didn't even call me over to his desk until I had been there 20 minutes (for a scheduled appointment!) then told me it was going to be a two hour repair when I was originally told 30 minutes.  No thank you.  Just keep hounding me, but I have a weekend to attend to.
I dislike car dealerships.
Removing the portrait on the right from its frame yielded the treasure on the left.  Two portraits of Hubby's Dad, the spitting image of Bubbie, I might add.  I scanned them into my computer then added them to the family portrait album. 
I wish I could have met him, but he passed when Hubby was 13.
The grass is thriving in the back yard after years of neglect.  I removed that plastic chair that was back there by the crepe myrtle because tacky.  I was going to take it to Highlands, but I think we don't need more junk out there, either.
I started thinking about decorating the Christmas tree early this year.  I am going with a mixed metals, greenery, and burlap vibe.  I'm not spending a bunch on this, but I do want to decorate the house for Christmas - simple but pretty.  I don't want to stress over any of it.
Same for gift giving.
Usually by this time every year I have some sort of involved, complicated schedule of events/cooking/shopping etc. for the holidays.  Not so much this year.  I texted the kids as to what they might want to bring to our Thanksgiving dinner and I think we have the basics covered.
I think Keep Calm should be our family theme this holiday season.


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Your mention of your Subaru made me think about mine. I really miss that car. I gave it to my son, so I can ride in it whenever I want. Those are good cars and last forever. That said, don’t get me started on car repairs. I’ve had to deal with recalls in the past as well, and have spent more time in car dealerships than I care to mention.

I love the ideas that you have for your Christmas tree. I like mixed metals and burlap. Reading your post makes me wonder if I should put up a tree early this year. Generally, because I host Thanksgiving, I don’t put any decorations up until after Thanksgiving is over. But I’m wondering if I might not just put the tree up in the conservatory. It would be viewable from the dining area, but not in the main area. I need to give that some thought. Thanks for the idea!