Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Getting it together

Another weekend, another two days of taking control of my space at home.  And by that I mean that I am gradually cleaning and straightening and purging and putting my own stamp on all of the spaces around the house.  And I have so much more to do but I'm being intentional about it.  
This past weekend, it was the backyard and patio.
The massive BBQ grill that had lived in the "red rocks" area of the backyard was moved to the garage.  I think it will go out to the curb on the next Big Trash day as I don't see myself ever using it.  The failed herb garden The Girl had going on the deck got removed.  It was just too enticing to the critters.  The turquoise Adirondack chair in the yard is going to Highlands.  I removed an antique barometer Hubby had nailed to one of the patio posts, as well as a retractable clothesline I haven't used in years.  I cleaned leaves and other debris out of the red rocks area and moved my potted plants to the patio.  The antique milk crate and red wagon went to the garage.(temporarily) I tossed all of the assorted deer antlers and a goat skull (ugh).  The only thing I want to have back there is trees and a porch swing, and that is coming back home possibly this weekend.  After the area is powerwashed, it will be a clean and open space for us to hang out for Thanksgiving weekend.
Lots done and it felt productive!


Gina 

No comments: