Friday, November 19, 2021

5 thing Friday - swing, booze, lunch out, Christmas tree, coffee

Not in order, as per usual...
I dismantled the swing at Highlands, then realized I could not fit it into the back of the truck.  Whomp, whomp.  I took the seat part home and left the frame there.  We will take the mower home on the trailer so we'll just load the rest of the swing then.  But I was proud of myself for blazing a path to it with the weed whacker, hauling it several yards UP the hill, and figuring out how to move and secure the truck bed cover.  I also re-appropriated the stone pavers it was sitting on to the back of the barn, and that was the hardest part...
While I was at Highlands, I took our mini "bar" out from under the barn's kitchen work table where it was hidden.  Dumped two (dead) scorpions and a (ditto) lizard out of the plastic bin, and took the booze home.  We will use the bourbon to brine the turkey and I don't care if the rest of it goes down the drain.  That box with its ironic sticker is going, too.
Eating out with my mother always sounds like a good idea until we are actually at the restaurant and she's hungry and impatient and fairly sharp tongued with the staff.  There aren't enough chips and salsa in the world to make up for poor service.  She told me that next time I visited, she would make me cornflake chicken and a baked potato.  Sounds good to me.
The Girl and I have spent probably around three hours total trying to cypher out why the top of her pre-lit tree is not functioning.  She finally gave up and bought lights to fill in.  Putting lights on a pre-lit tree is frustrating, to say the least.  I plan on helping her put ornaments on it this week.  Then we will work on mine!  This is a 100% change for me, Miss "Its Thanksgiving Don't Talk to Me About Christmas".
We could use the merry as soon as possible.
Oh how I miss Sunday morning coffee at Highlands watching for deer and listening to the birds as Hubby slept in.  This table sits where Mabel used to live and I miss her, too.  I slept many a night and made many a meal here at the back of the Barn.  It was my weekend home.
So much change this year.


Gina

No comments: