Friday, March 6, 2020

Pumpkin Muffins

The elementary school were my peeps went used to have "Muffins for Moms" and "Donuts for Dads" - meetings held once a month or so in the school library to discuss various current events at the school.  I think it was easier on some parents to attend those than the PTA meetings which happened after a looong school or work day.  For some reason, these pumpkin muffins make me think of that.  It was just a simple recipe passed on to me from my late MIL.  And making muffins makes me think of my peeps when they were little, since they were perfect with an egg for breakfast on a school morning. 

Pumpkin Muffins (makes 12)
1 1/3 c. flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cinnamon and 1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 c. salad oil
1/3 c. water
1/2 can pumpkin (save the rest to stir into oatmeal or pancake batter - or double this recipe...)*
1/2 chopped pecans (you can sprinkle these on the top of the muffins, like I did)
Mix all ingredients well and pour into greased muffin tin.  Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes - check to see if tops of muffins spring back when done.  Store in a covered container - you can freeze these and they thaw quickly and stay moist.


Gina
*here are some other pumpkin ideas!

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I'm glad to see you posting about pumpkin muffins, because I love pumpkin year round, and was considering trying a recipe for pumpkin coconut cake, but wondered if it would be an appropriate blog post for this time of this year. This week I'm trying it!