Friday, March 20, 2020

5 thing Friday - signs, art, stars, halls, Kudos

Its been a weird week.  Hubby home all up in my office space.  Bubbie home, sleeping mostly.  Me working and extra hour here or there.  Bad news and stressed out people at work.  So much ugh.
 Last weekend we took a pic of the above sign into our POA intending to order 3 inch letters to add ourselves to the sign.  Still haven't done that, nor have I purchased my own Cricut to do it myself.  But since I won't be spending money out at wineries, maybe I will do that this weekend!  The Spring of getting things done at home, right?
One of the wineries we love has these painted brick walls with beams on the top painted black, then chains that hang down to attach art to.  Its so simple and I love it.  Side note:  the artist featured is selling the small acrylic paintings for $50.  FIFTY!  I sent pics of them to a friend who has made many of them for co-workers fo free.  And Dutch has been making them since I gifted her two medium sized ones a couple Christmases ago.
The stone garden just outside of a winery in Dripping Springs has these concrete stars scattered under the trees.  I want to do a project like this at Highlands!  Big stars for Mark and I, medium for our peeps, small ones for grandchildren.  I have a long time to find the molds as none of them are currently creating a family.  As far as I know.  I think we may get a baby boom in the U.S. after this virus things ends.
 Missing:  all of the Little Tykes cars that are normally parked outside of the OR at work.  Notice that they left the stop sign...this feels super eerie to me.
I re-did the Kudos board at work last night with a timely theme.  The one next to it that is covered in stars is getting done today.  I think it will be important for all of us to keep our heads up and be supportive of each other.  I also think that the worst may be yet to come.  The hospital is very quiet.  We all need to be gearing up and ready.


Gina

No comments: