Friday, March 27, 2020

Eating lunch out

I've re-discovered a shady and beautiful area at the hospital that almost no one uses.  Its called the Healing Garden, and it wraps around the back of the building.  Full of blooms and birds and art and peace and light.  Not to get all New-Agey, but it is the PERFECT place to take a breather and enjoy a quiet lunch.



 In our breakroom, we have people who want to obsessively compulsively watch the news at full volume.  Or tell you their political thoughts.  Or talk too loudly on personal cell phones.  Or breeze through and comment on what you are eating.  Or ask questions and offer opinions and in general just be terrible.



Out here there is none of that.  Take off your mask, find a pretty spot.  Eat your lunch.  Breathe fresh air and listen to birds.



That's my lunch kit up above - I am still taking my lunch, avoiding the cafeteria.  I heat up my lunch and rush out to the garden.  I'm the only one there and its amazing.



Its a beautiful place - my photos do not do it justice.  I need to take a few more pics each day that I am out here.  And I do plan to be out here.  Every day I have to work.


If your head isn't right - you find yourself having trouble sleeping, or you're spending a lot of time worried about the state of things...unplug yourself.  From social media, from your computer, from the news, from annoying co-workers.  
And just go outside and eat your lunch.


Gina

No comments: