Friday, March 13, 2020

5 thing Friday - beer, food, veggies, owl house, bluebonnets

The last couple of months, Hubby and I have not been able to really go and do at wineries like we love to.  Financial concerns, time restraints, dog sitting, blah blah blah...And all thats about to end, so yay.
Meanwhile, we have enjoyed a great beer now and again, including a couple of cold ones (Celis White) just before the Kool and the Gang concert a couple of weeks ago.  {the show was amazing btw}  Celis White is very much like Agnes Dei at Save the World - a beer brewed with coriander and orange, and one of my favs.
And speaking of STW, we stopped by there on our first Teddy-free Saturday with our fast food burgers to enjoy the Winter Warmer before its all gone.  Think cinnamon beer - very delightful.
While The Girl was here, I made enchiladas using my homemade enchilada sauce recipe.  This was just before I pureed it with my hand held blender and put a couple of jars of it into the freezer.  So rich and delish this time with a secret ingredient - pumpkin puree.
 I had a fairly decent appetite from all that painting, I guess.  I also ate at Tino's Greek Cafe that day for lunch.  I am in love with gyro meat with tzatziki sauce.
 The carrots in last week's produce box.  They're like Frankenstein veggies!
While at Highlands, we took advantage of not having to get home soon and built a barn owl house!  Hopefully we will get it installed tomorrow.  I know for sure we have great horned owls, so I would like to build a house for those, too.  We had all the stuff for this, including the screws.  Will post pics of the installed house!
THE BLUEBONNET(S) ARE HERE.  Almost.  In a month or so this yard will be filled with them.  Its shaping up to be a rainy March so the wildflowers should be explosive!
Happy Friday the 13th!


Gina

No comments: