Wednesday, October 2, 2019

We did the Thing

I wasn't really looking forward to Monday, because although I knew I could get my mother safely to Austin and back, 8 hours is a LOT of driving for one day.  However, I left my house at 7:45 and I made it to her house by 9:30, and we were at Olive Garden in Austin by 11:15.  Made good time on the road!
 Olive Garden is one of her favorite places to eat lunch

We both cleaned our plates.  And we even shared a dessert.  Lately I had been taking her lunch whenever I visit because its less chance she will fall anywhere, and I can make her a nice lunch in the comfort of her own home.  Turns out, what she looks forward to is eating out and if she's with me or one of my sisters, she feels safer.   I guess its true you can't truly enjoy life if you think too much about bad things happening - might as well go OUT to eat.

 Members, Clean Plate Club

We were at the eye doc by 12:35, seated in the exam room by 12:50, and out of the door just 30 minutes after her 1:20 appointment time.  So we stopped at Walgreen's for a cold brew coffee for me, and we hit the trail, headed back to Brenham.  And we had zero problems.  She might even have slept a bit.

 Please note that she is reading the label...

When we got there, she wanted to go to the grocery store to pick up a few things - I think she is worried about driving herself anywhere.  After we unloaded everything at her house, it was late afternoon.  Gus was hungry for lunch and Mother was late for a real nap.  And I needed to head back to Austin to do my own grocery shopping!  After putting up all of MY groceries, making dinner, and putseying here and there, I pretty much crashed.  But I was up bright eyed the next morning, well-rested.
We did the thing.  We got her to the follow up appointment and everything with her eye is going well, so far.  Next appointment: 4 weeks.


Gina

No comments: