Friday, October 18, 2019

5 thing Friday - curtains, Fall spiffing, Scout, salads, chores

I used some Kohl's cash, a good sale, and free shipping to order a curtain rod and some sheer curtains for the master bedroom:
You can barely see the tension rod hanging above the blinds.  I am waiting on the curtains to arrive (today?)  I've been wanting to do this for years!  {also, had to move that fig tree from in here as it made the room a little too jungle-y.  Into the front room it went.  
For now.} 
I added some fall pretty things to the den - a wicker pumpkin, a fall candle or two, and the mantle decor.  Side note:  it stays pretty and clean in here most of the time and makes me want to stay home and be a hermit. 
 Target Dollar Spot cheap thrills: A tiered tray thingy, some random snips of greenery, a candle, some pumpkins, and a cute sign.  I think I spent a whopping $8, but its cute in the spare bathroom.  Bubbie let me use his wax tart burner and it lives in here, too, scenting up the place nicely.
Picking out a birthday gift for Scout is not easy - I don't see him all that often so I don't really know what he needs or would like.  I settled on a wireless charger for his iphone and some seasonal adult bevvies, and he will most likely get some money in his card.  I am hoping that he and Dutch can come for dinner and birthday cake.
Dinner last night was probably the last of our salad nights, as it doesn't seem to mesh with Fall.  I think we will switch out salad night for soup night.  Last night was grilled chicken, roasted honey corn, queso fresco, red onion, tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds on romaine.  I will miss salad nights with all the fresh veg, but I think I can come up with some healthy soups for us and use the crockpot to boot.
It used to be that with all 6 of us here, I could not let laundry (or anything else, really) slide more than a day.  But some days I don't feel like doing chores and truth be told, I'm still getting used to the idea that there is only two of us here.  Besides, who is gonna see this but us?  


Gina

No comments: