Friday, October 11, 2019

Made it through the week

I thought about writing a regular moan and groan on Fridays, then I thought, no...that's what the other blog is about!  This one is supposed to be our "family blog".  But this last week sure took the pep out of me.  And from the looks of it, I wasn't the only one at work that struggled. (Supervisor, I'm looking at YOU)
     Maybe its that respiratory season seems to already be upon us and the volumes are waaaay up.  As well as football season with its assorted injuries and a corresponding spike in surgery cases.  And just ahead is the holiday season, with its own challenges.  Co-workers around me seem to losing their patience and maybe a few of them, myself included, are suffering from compassion fatigue.  The daily back and forth struggle with other areas of the hospital, the increasing and constant hum of the ER, the irritation of change and miscommunication and just general disconnectedness throughout.
In any case, I have to state it - the week was something I only just made it through.


In any case, hooray for Friday.  The weather will cool, if only for a weekend, but maybe enough time for me to recharge.  We are building a storage unit at Highlands and getting ready to move forward on finishing out the barn - an idea 3 years in the planning.  Hopefully, burgers, wine, a firepit, and two lounge chairs will also be part of the plan.
TGIF.


Gina



No comments: