Friday, March 8, 2019

Sweet wall planter

Its been eerily quiet around the house this week - we are down to 3 people at Camp Rustown after Firstborn moved into his new place.  I know he never intended to stay this long - 16 months but who is counting - and he was excited and ready to get into his own place.  When we walked in I thought "wow - this is just like the first apartment Hubby and I had in 1985!"  Same layout and all.  It was freshly painted and the carpets looked clean and he has his own washer and dryer which is a BIG bonus for him as he doesn't own those and he works 6 days out of 7.  So laundry was always a challenge.  We told him, as we always do, that he is welcome to come by anytime to see us or to have some leftovers for lunch, and he will always have a standing invitation to Sunday dinner.  It remains to be seen how often we will see him.  I want everything to work out for him and for him to be happy where he is, but I will always worry for him, even when he is an old man...
The small gold and white clock that was hanging in his room, just above two small photo ledges, bit the dust.  And since I couldn't find another small wall clock I liked, I picked out a fun magnetic/wall planter at Target for $6, a succulent for 99 cents, and added some floral foam, moss, and silk eucalyptus that I already had.  Its pretty cute and someday it may live on my fridge, but for now seeing it takes a little edge off the sad I feel when I walk into that empty room... 
And about that I say:  if you're going to leave your mama and be on your own as an adult, then GO and DO THE THING.  Because when you come back and leave again, I have to get used to you being gone all over again.  And that's the hardest thing for the mama.  
For real.





1 comment:

Kim said...

We're not there, but I know it's coming. Sending you big hugs!