Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Still changing...

Most days I have oatmeal for breakfast, but check out this delightful sausage and egg combo on a cinnamon waffle:
Zero guilt.  And I even ate it at my desk!
Here is my basic menu plan:
Monday - Chicken breast
Tuesday - Beans
Wednesday - Fish
Thursday - Lean beef
Friday - Chicken (either breast or thighs or ground)
Saturday - Fish
Sunday - Family Meal, so it changes
******
We are still implementing the following:  no more coffee creamer, much less coffee, no rice unless it's whole grain, no white bread, no sugar (except a small yogurt for Hubby), two eggs once a week (see above), fish twice a week for dinner and sardines or such for one lunch a week, LOADS of fresh veg and fruit. Olive oil instead of butter.  Much less cheese, leaner cuts of meat.  One hundred calorie popcorn, no chips, no candy and NO going to the gift shop for snacks at work.  I never drink sodas, so that's not a problem.  And I buy or make vinaigrette for our salads.  Most mornings I make my own oatmeal (no instant) and add bran buds, a sprinkling of walnuts and golden raisins, and a teaspoon of honey.  And I do OK at work if I remember to snack on an apple, peanut butter, carrots, almonds, or a cheese stick.  So if nothing else, losing the processed foods and all that white sugar and adding in some fiber should be doing us a world of good.  The working plan is still that we relax the rules a little on Saturdays, having beer or wine.   And with all things, changing our eating habits is on-going...



Gina

1 comment:

bj said...

There's nothing more tiresome than watching what you eat.
You are doing a good job.