Friday, March 22, 2019

5 thing Friday - fruit, oatmeal, lunch, bluebonnets, rebate

Hubby and I have been enjoying fruit lately as our sweet snack.  My favorite are the dates and the blood oranges from Imperfect Produce.  But really, I have been enjoying all kinds of fruit, including those seedless mandarins (Cuties) and juicy grapes.  So good!
 I am finding that my sugar cravings are getting weaker and I have managed to stay our of the gift shop at work.  No popcorn, no candy bars.  Winning.
I was buying the high protein instant oatmeal until I realized I could control the sugar even more so if I just made my own.  I mix whole oats, some nuts, maybe a little coconut or raisins or craisins, a dab of almond butter, maybe some All Bran buds, a teaspoon of honey...add water, nuke for 2.5 minutes while I get dressed for work.  As it sits, it thickens, and I add a splash of half and half.  I can manage oatmeal at least three days a week this way.
Lunch al fresco at Highlands on Sunday:  Trader Joe's chili lime chicken burger over romaine, with a sprinkling of mozzarella and a drizzle of Caesar dressing that I squeezed a lemon into...delightful.  Have you tried those San Pellegrino fruit sparkling waters?  We keep them in the fridge at Highlands instead of tea or soda.  They are really refreshing and so good with lunch!
The bluebonnets are taking their good sweet time making their appearance on our hill, though the highways are FULL of them.  By this weekend I expect they will have exploded - we've gotten so much rain and the sunshine and weather has been amazing.
My first "big fat rebate check" from Ebates...eh.  I'll take it.



Gina

No comments: