Friday, March 15, 2019

Photo gifts

The photo gifts site I order from sends me free offers from time to time.  I have been ordering here and there, putting things away for gifts and such.  Photo gifts are a nice way to give a very personal gift.  Recently I ordered a shopping bag for my mother's birthday that came out really nice - it had photos of Gus and her garden with a garden quote.  And I ordered a personalized bottle opener for some friends of ours - it will go with some beer or wine at Christmastime.  Last night I created coasters for Firstborn's apartment after perusing his FB page for pics of his beloved car:

 

And a notepad for me featuring a spunky three old from long ago:

Last Fall I ordered an inspirational notebook for Dutch that came out really nice, and some coasters for Scout that featured some of his nicest nature shots.  Both were paired with a purchased item making a fun set - coffee for Scout, printed pencils for Dutch.  The "free" coasters and notepad I ordered last night cost $19 to ship which seemed a little steep, but I guess it all averages out.  And I do love the idea of using photos to make gifts!



1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I think I know the site to which you are referring to, because I gave up the “free” notepad because the shipping was so high. Still, I employ the use of this site all of the time to make my own holiday cards. Yes, I do send out Christmas cards, but I also design cards for more obscure holidays, as you may have seen on my blog. Having recently gotten a look at the Halloween stamps that are coming out this year, I’m already thinking about what I’m going to do by way of a Halloween card. I think your tote bag sounds wonderful. It’s always nice when people go the extra mile for a gift.