Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Learning to use the Uuni

Remember I showed you this?:
Hubby loves new gadgets and he has expensive taste...Its a stainless steel portable oven, basically.  But the good thing is, we can use it to cook all kinds of things - including pizza!
 Last weekend we set it up just outside of the barn and made pizzas on Saturday night {whole wheat dough, pesto, mozzarella, spinach, and sliced Roma tomatoes}.  They took about 2 minutes to cook!  They were very good, but next time we will make the crusts a bit thinner and use less cheese.  Sorry I don't have pics of that - I was too busy EATING.  Ha!
 And on Sunday we used some small cast iron dishes to make tilapia with zucchini for lunch.  I thin he got the dishes at Bed, Bath and Beyond, but I also have a small cast iron skillet that I think will work.  This should help us with some food options up at Highlands on the weekends - no more giant Tex-Mex dinners or fried catfish...its all for the best.
Look at that smoke! I will get some better pics next time and maybe we will get super creative with meals out at Highlands.  For now I will say its so much faster to cook a healthy meal in this versus the BBQ pit.  You use just 2 or 3 scoops of post oak pellets and they burn up fast.  So this is great for two people.  Plus, the pizza  doesn't taste too "woodsy" like when we used the BBQ grill. I'm sure we will still use the BBQ for when we are feeding more people, but his new gadget will be fun to learn.



No comments: