Friday, November 23, 2018

Turkey Day re-cap

I'm feeling a little pooped after yesterday's fun and frolicking - sometimes Thanksgiving wears me out!  So, while Hubby is currently fixing some kind of scrambled eggs for us to enjoy with leftover birthday cake and other desserts, here is the re-cap:  
After putting the bird in the oven, and having coffee and bagels, we went downtown for Turkey Trot along with 20,000 of our closest friends.
 

{Let's not mention that Hubby and I wore less than optimal shoes for walking 5 miles...the weather was perfect.}  A little cloudy, cool, no rain.
Waiting for our start time on the Lavaca Street bridge, I took a shot of the thousands of humans behind me.  Then after that, I paid attention to navigating through the ones in front of me as I started. After you get past mile two, the crowds thin a little - the serious runners are far ahead and every now and then a small group would run zig-zagging through the crowd.
 I paused now and again to get a shot.  The above photo is shortly after the three mile mark, when I thought I would never make it another 2 miles.  The below photo looks out over Mopac.
 I thought Town Lake was really pretty and Fall-ish:
 We finished up around 1145, and were home by noon!  
I took one photo of my humans in the kitchen as I made side dishes for lunch.  We had some really good sangria and an apricot and brie appetizer that I will definitely make again!
 
 I lit the candles, we decanted the wine, and proceeded to have a lovely Thanksgiving meal.  We each said what we were thankful for, Hubby said a lovely grace, and we spent the afternoon napping, taking a walk to the greenbelt for photos, and playing cards.  Somewhere in there, we also managed to enjoy a firepit, but I had put my phone down, opting to live in the moment, not the photos...
And today, if we can get moving,  we will get the Christmas tree up and enjoy some pulled pork!  
Happy beginning of the holiday season!






1 comment:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Looks like a great day . Your brie sounds tasty! Enjoy your decorating - I am doing that, too!!