Friday, November 30, 2018

6 thing Friday - headwear, marmalade, Westcave, deer, Adelbert's, kid tree

I ordered a cute headband for The Girl and I to wear for the turkey trot:
 Silly and colorful and fun!  Hubby wore a turkey hat.  We three were stylin'.
On one of my favorite blogs, the author talked about making jam out of peach peels - sounded very depression era and intriguing.  So after I squeezed all of the juice out of my mandarin oranges for cranberry sauce, I boiled down the tiny strips of peel and pulp, added sugar, and made my own delicious orange marmalade! 
We took The Girl to Westcave Cellars last Sunday for Pig Pickin's and wine to enjoy along with a live band. They had a firepit that kept us warm and everyone was so friendly.  Tomorrow is their wine club pick-up party and the menu of bacon wrapped smoked tenderloin makes my heart skip a beat.  This is a keeper of a place to enjoy wine out under big trees.
 A minivan loaded with field-dressed deer on their way to processing...only in Burnet.
 
 Hubby and I took ourselves out for a beer last Saturday and bought some fish and chips from the food trailer parked out front.  Hubby also struck up a conversation with the master brewer who happened by and managed a pull of their soon to be released Cuvee coffee porter.  It was smooth and delightful and I'm sure we will be back when they release it.  They feature local artists too:
See that shape of Texas made of corks?  I want to make one.
We were dog tired at the end of Sunday, but while the turkey soup was simmering along we managed to get the kids' tree decorated.  Lucky for me I figured out the secret of storing this tree:  keep it in the garage with all of its light still attached.  Wonder why it takes me so long to discover these things...In the background you can see my tiny mantel decor {which I hope to improve upon} and Hubby's sparkly effects light bulb.  
And here we are, at yet another weekend!


Gina

2 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I have never heard of making jam out of peach peels, but I will be all over this next summer. How clever you are to take that idea and run with it, making your own marmalade. It sounds heavenly.

Jacqueline said...

What a darling headband! I think it is so fun to be a little crazy with the kids. They will always remember that.
The marmalade sounds fabulous and the fish looks really yummy! Thanks for visiting!