Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Weekend re-cap: Brenham, The Dig Pub, STW, TNL, Perisso, rain

I was off on Friday, traveling to Brenham to check in on my mother.    She had a list all ready to go, coupons in hand, and dressed in a cute pink dress to run errands and buy groceries.  She seems to be doing well, overall - good spirits, great appetite.  I'm going to stop fretting about her so much, but I probably will still visit every 3 weeks or so.
I got home mid-afternoon and worked on the front landscaping until Hubby came home, then showered and got dressed to go eat at The Dig Pub.  We split a Hatch green chile burger and a Monte Cristo, with some Scotch eggs and dark beer on the side.  I felt exhausted and was asleep by 10.
The next day I got some indoor putseying done since the rain started up again, foiling my landscape project.  I went to Kohl's and bought some end of season things to wear - cute tops like the one above, and some shorts.  The calendar might say its Fall, but I know Summer will sneak back here and there.  We picked up a pizza to eat at Save The World, played some cards, then headed over to Torr Na Lochs for the September pick-up party.
I know I stated at one point that I wanted rain, but its kind of dragging on...skies were gray, but the entertainment was delightful {look, the saxophonist from Bent Oak!}, and the owners grilled up fajitas with the fixin's for everyone.
We enjoyed dinner at the event tent, listening to music awhile, then headed upstairs to admire the view.
It was cool out, smelled of woodsmoke, and was just delightful.
We left around 7 and went to Highlands to sit at the firepit {no luck - the firewood was still damp}.  I got up early the next day to fix us breakfast and enjoy some nature-watching for a little while.  It was so quiet and calm and looked like it was going to rain all day.  We planned no projects, which was nice.
Some white-tail deer came ambling through.
Followed by a cow to the back fence giving me a stare...  We hung out at Highlands until 2 p.m. then stopped by Perisso's for an hour or so, admiring the now-depleted vines and sitting on a picnic table under a large oak to play more cards. {I took zero pics of that}  We were home by 5:30 and I fixed smothered pork chops, loaded mashed potatoes, fried okra, and broccoli with carrots for dinner.  Scout and Michelle brought a new game over and we played it until 10 p.m., at which time I turned into a pumpkin and had to hit the hay!   It was a nice ending to a quiet weekend. 




1 comment:

Simply LKJ said...

You've been quite busy friend. Glad you mom seems to be doing well. I have been dealing with my mother as well. Not so good a situation however. We are all in the same boat with aging parents.