Monday, January 9, 2017

What the week holds and IKEA feelings...

I have a love/hate relationship with IKEA.
About every 6 months I will decide I have to go there and waste about 2 hours.  Usually, I plan for it early in the morning so I can enjoy breakfast there - $2.17 for eggs, Swedish pancakes with jam, potatoes, turkey sausage, and coffee.  I mean really...I can't even make all that at home for $2.  However, its a double-edged sword, considering all of the real estate you must cover, the non-existent helpful staff, and the check-out process.
On this particular trip I purchased the Billy bookcase for Firstborn, his request.
I'm not exaggerating when I say it took a half hour going through check-out.  It didn't even seem that busy in there, but then it never does.  The place is a rat maze where most of the other customers you don't even notice until you get to the checkouts.  And the girl that checked me out managed to ding a large hole in the box then roll her eyes while I made sure it hadn't damaged the bookcase.  That thing weighs a ton and I did not want to get it all the way home and discover it was damaged.  So, I pretty much ignored her roly poly eyes and made sure it was ok. I bought it in a black/brown color to match his nightstand since he will use the top to place his TV on in his room.
But, for now it lives, inconspicuously in the garage.  When he comes back to get the rest of his stuff he can just load it into the van.  A little anticlimactic for a birthday gift, but I'm sure he will get a few other goodies as well, and maybe even a BBQ dinner.  This week I fairly giggled with glee when I opened my planner and saw how empty it was!  Since I have already gotten The Lounge squared away I can plan some FUN days sewing and maybe watching some Netflix.  Scout is in Chicago visiting his girlfriend, Bubbie is hard at work on the final semester of senior year and getting himself to school each day, and Hubby and I are back in our regular work grind.  All is right with the world!  What does your week look like?


2 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

I hear ya on IKEA. We don't dare go to the one here on the weekend!!! I remembering purchasing most of baby girls things for her room in the duplex in Austin...what a zoo. We are finally back to a routine as she started her externship today. Subbing for friend wth the littles this week too.

Michelle said...

I have only been to IKEA once in Salt Lake. My friends think I should give it another try. You are right about it being a maze,plus everything is so modern. I am not into modern furnishing.