Friday, August 10, 2012

Life as it is...


Summer is moving along - always faster than I want it to and always with random annoyances that tend to make the heat a little less friendly...My crape myrtle got a case of mildew and was practically overtaken by aphids and tiny spiders...
 Sickly.  Very few blooms.  In stark contrast to the beautiful blooming ones all over the neighborhood. Drat.
 Boy Scout patches will be the death of my poor fingers.  They had to be re-sewn.  Again.  And the ironing pile isn't getting any smaller, but who wants to iron in this heat?
 The laundry pile has taken up residence in my favorite reading chair.
Even with two less people to do laundry for.  Even though I am using the clothes line.  Even though I try to stay on top of things...
 Some people are once again spending waaay too much time on the computer...
 ...while others are not home long enough to do more than sleep and make a mess.
And just so you know for future reference, wine bottles will pop out their corks if you leave a bottle in your car on a hot summer day, soaking your upholstery and carpet....
It may be Summer but Life doesn't take a vacation!



No comments: