Monday, August 27, 2012

Mealplan Monday #23 and my recipe files

After I did some cleaning and re-organizing in my kitchen this summer, I was able to put my recipe box on the counter close to where I cook.  I really love this box I got from The Container Store years ago.  It has a clear lid and a nifty clip at the top to hold a recipe card while you cook.
I made some new dividers for it using some bright card stock and laminated them to make them sturdier.  I also re-wrote about 2 dozen of the most splattered and tattered cards.  Some of those recipes are well-loved!
******
Monday - Crockpot Italian Beef Sammies, chips, cantalope
Tuesday - Baked chicken, scalloped potatoes, broccoli
Wednesday - Skillet Pork Chops, cabbage and carrots, Oatmeal Bars for dessert
Thursday - Tater Tot Hotdish, Salad
Friday - Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken, rice
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - Leftovers from the freezer, salad, to Sonic for shakes?
 ******
It's the first week of Back to School for the boys and I want to fill their tummies after a long day of school, but I also don't want to be chained to the kitchen...





1 comment:

Marie said...

I sooo miss the container store!
and what a perfect recipe holder...love it!