Sunday, April 3, 2011

Where it stands

I have a habit of either rushing through a project, not thinking it all the way through, or just plain old over-thinking it...and the former is what I did in the dining room.  It became too big a project - and what I really wanted to was just spiff it.  I ran out of steam and with no one to bounce ideas off. (Hubby doesn't count, cause he gives me free reign with decorating)    Remember, how I painted the walls Tobacco Leaf?  And stewed over it?  And sweated and slaved on that ladder?
Well, sadly, the wall below the chair rail remained green.  Hubby deflated my creative energy balloon by telling me that if I wasn't familiar with a mitre saw it would be very difficult to get my faux wainscoting boxes just right...so I let it go, since he told me he would build them.  Well, I figured I would be waiting on that awhile...and he does have a lot on his plate.  But I could not take looking at the green for one more day...
So, I bought the paint that matched every other creamy wall in our house, and just painted over it.  I figured it would be good primer for when I finally got the boxes on the wall, so I might as well get 'er done...
It's a little plain, but it was fresh and ready for those frames - and surprise - he built them this weekend!    So, I guess that means I have another project to add to the list this week - buying the paint and completing the dining room once and for all!  Our house doesn't look like a magazine ad, but it is clean and comfy and I am lucky to be able to do a bit of spiffin' here and there.
I have re-covered the furniture, painted all the walls, and added a few decorative touches.  I think I will call it done after I finish up painting the faux wainscoting, then I will post pics.
And that, friends, is where it stands...



1 comment:

KimMalk said...

Your room looks pretty as it is, I'm sure it will be gorgeous with your new wood work, Gina. I say learn to use the miter saw anyway ;).