Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bacon Ranch Chicken Crock Pot

I saw this recipe recently on someone's blog.  (I will get better about writing down exactly who, I promise.  I get so many good ideas from everyone who blogs and must give credit where it's due!) It reminded me of a dish that was brought to our house after we had baby #2 by some sweet friends.  You wrap chicken breasts in bacon, slather with a cream of chicken soup and sour cream mix, then bake.  Simple, and sooo good!
So when I saw this adaptation for the crock pot, I knew I had to try it.
I tweeked it a little, cause that's how I roll...



Bacon Ranch Chicken Crock Pot

6 Boneless chicken breasts (I always start with frozen in my crock pot)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
16 oz. sour cream
1 package Ranch dip or dressing mix
about 8 slices bacon, cooked and cut up in small pieces

I used the microwave to cook the bacon - it comes out nice and crispy and it's easy to drain off the fat if you use a microwave tray for cooking bacon.  Spray your crock with Pam. Place the breasts in the crock and salt and pepper them.  Mix the soup, Ranch Dip mix, and sour cream and pour it over the chicken. 
Scatter the bacon over it, then set it on low and go on about your day for 8 hours or so. *Note: I used reduced fat sour cream and "healthy" cream of soup just to try to be good - but the bacon was plain, old, fatty, delicious bacon!
 Served with rice, and a salad on the side.  
That sauce was velvety-smooth and would be great on noodles or mashed potatoes as well.
Easy on a school night and a great meal!







2 comments:

themasons said...

You sure have some great recipes, i wish I could come for dinner!!

Amy @ Chicy-Creations said...

This looks so good! Going to have to try this one, I love using the crock pot!