Monday, May 13, 2024

Monday menus #71

Did I need more jewelry? No.
But also, did I buy myself a Mother's Day gift of jewelry? Yes.
I had been looking for small-ish two tone real gold hoop earrings for every day wear and I found them on Ebay, so I dropped those right into my cart, sang "Happy Mother's Day to Me", and went on living my life.  I do not feel one bit guilty.  I also ordered: rug pads for the two rugs I brought home from Mom's house, a cute sleeveless dress from Kohl's, a garden hose holder and a Google speaker outlet mount from Lowe's, and replacement ink cartridges for my printer.  And believe it or not, I'm actually making thoughtful purchases, not just shopping for the heck of it!

Monday - kitchen closed
Tuesday - Vietnamese Chicken, stir fry veggies {working 830p-1a}
Wednesday - Beef Sloppy Joes on toast (use up the old bread), chopped salad {on-call}
Thursday - Skillet Tilapia, peppers and onion, skillet potatoes {payday}
Friday - Turkey Pesto Meatballs (never made these a couple menus ago), zucchini {pick up Lowe's order, Zoom meet with dietician*}
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed


Gina

*my employer includes this as a benefit to us, free of charge and she is helping to motivate me 

4 comments:

Kim said...

Yay for new earrings! I’m also working with a dietitian right now. It’s been very helpful!

My Tireless Retirement said...

I am glad you got yourself the earrings. Enjoy!

Joni said...

Good for you! Pretty things to enjoy daily is a perfect treat. I bought myself a pair of Duluth Trading co. gardener's overalls. I also bought a new perennial to plant by the bird bath. I find great joy in occasionally treating myself, if not you, then who? Have a wonderful week.

Joanne said...

Those earrings are lovely!