Monday, May 27, 2024

Monday menus #73

Now you see it... 
(the steel cabinet that weighs a ton!)

Monday - Lemony Alfredo with grilled chicken, brussels sprouts {I'm off today!}
Tuesday - Crockpot Korean Ribs, brown rice, green beans
Wednesday - Cafe Rio Chicken bowls with black beans and queso fresco
Thursday - Chickpea Pasta with Turkey Bolognese*, asparagus
Friday - Crockpot Cowboy Beans {payday}
Saturday and Sunday - kitchen closed

...and now you don't.  I made two trips to the recycling place, once with Scout after we figured out to disassemble it and got it loaded it into the back of the truck.  I made a whopping $14 in scrap.  But its not in my garage anymore and I think I would have paid someone to come take it by the time I quit procrastinating about it! Not a moment too soon as here comes summer heat.



Gina


*my Turkey Pesto Meatballs literally fell apart in the sauce you bake them in. I made a misstep in the recipe. When I stirred them, they became a delicious Bolognese that I can serve over healthy pasta. So I froze it for a future meal!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Hey any sort of money for "junk" you're looking to get rid of is great! Your menu sounds delicious. I haven't figured out feeding beyond today... but I do know I'm not going to the grocery store so I'll have to look around and see what I can make with what I have!

Kim said...

Doesn't it feel good to clean up and out? I'm in the process of doing the same.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I have a steel parts cabinet that once belonged to my dad, and previously was used by an engineering company, so it dates back to the 30s or 40s. In my mind, I was going to use it to store all of my rubber stamps. In reality that didn’t work out, so now it’s along the wall of my garage. Like yours, it weighs a ton. I’m going to have to do something with it at some point, but I have no idea what. I am so sentimentally attached to so many things that I find getting rid of them difficult.