Monday, October 17, 2022

Empty Nest menu #141

Cooking for one can be tricky, so I have been cooking a meal for two and just stashing away the extra serving.  I work it into the menus, thaw it out, then reheat it in a way that makes it feel new.
Here I reheated some spaghetti in the already hot pan that I cooked a large zucchini in.  It was as delish as if I had just cooked it.  The psychology of leftovers, right?

Monday - (freezer) Beef and Broccoli with potstickers
Tuesday - Free sub, with chips I have at home
Wednesday - (freezer) Fiochetti Pasta with chicken sausage, green beans
Thursday - Tilapia with wild rice, peas
Friday - Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry with rice, potstickers
Saturday - Shrimp and Grits, kale
Sunday - Fettucine tossed with (freezer) pork sausage and spinach from a meal I fixed The Girl on her birthday, corn or carrots as a side {GriefShare class 3-5}


Gina


1 comment:

Joanne said...

OH I just love leftovers; but with 4 others in the house I rarely get to eat any! Your spaghetti and zucchini looks delicious.