Friday, October 21, 2022

5 thing Friday - pancakes, piles, leftovers, traffic again, memes

I've had such a craving for pancakes lately!  But I don't want to budget in a giant box of pancake mix, so I buy those little Pan-Kits bags. My mother used to make pancakes from these when we were kids.
I cooked up the entire package, ate a few for breakfast, then froze the rest in individual ziploc bags and added three slices of bacon to each one.  I can thaw and re-heat these easily on work mornings.
Of course I am waffling about the whole garage sale idea - as my sister pointed out, its a lot of work for not much return.  I'm so tired of making trips to Goodwill.  I know some places will pick up items, but I'm just going to get this pile out of here asap so I can work on the next one.  I have to tell you - it feels good to be in control of getting rid of all this cargo.
The Girl made me a delish chicken pot pie for dinner last Sunday.  She always sends me home with leftovers, and I do the same when she comes to my house.  Its like love in a plastic container and made our entire breakroom smell good.
Will not miss this traffic.  Will. Not. 
I estimate I spend an hour and half of my life each day sitting in my car.  No wonder I am not getting anything done except sleep, drive, work, drive, eat, sleep.  I am ready to be out of this particular hamster wheel Monday through Friday.
I've been trying to send funny memes and such to my work friend who is struggling.  Some of them are silly, others are biting and sarcastic, all of them are designed to make her (and me) laugh for a minute or two.  Its been very rough at work and respiratory season is ramping up and we will lose our travel techs soon.  Its not going to get completely easy when I start weekends in February.  But I am looking forward to the change.  
Happy Weekend!


Gina

No comments: