Friday, October 7, 2022

How I spent my 37th anniversary

Wednesday was our 37th wedding anniversary, so I took the day off.  I needed a break from work and I had some things to get done.  Zero guilt.  I started off by making myself french toast for breakfast, then met with my retirement advisor, followed by a consult with my colonoscopy doc (YAY NO COLONOSCOPY for me!).  Obligations managed, I then picked up some stuff for a pedicure at home later, and headed to Liberty Hill for lunch:
This place was one of our favs.  The weather was beautiful and the food and service were a ten.
Chicken fried steak, yes please.  If you're ever in this neck of the woods, I highly recommend.  From there I went to Highlands to continue gathering more things to take home.  I had told the realtor I would be there, even reminded him by text message, and he completely ghosted me, not even calling back.  Time to find a different realtor.
Next stop was Perissos.  It pains me to let this wine club go, but I've given it alot of thought and it is time for me to move on, both literally and figuratively.  Since I missed the pick-up party I had my complimentary tasting which included the 2018 Tempranillo that Mark and I helped pick!
I showed this to the tasting lady and she was only mildly interested.  I remember that harvest - we had such a great time.  The bottle of Tempranillo from my allocation might get cellared a good loooong while.
At home I unloaded the truck, which included this gem which was hung on the outside of the front of the barn.  Mark helped The Girl build it, so it has great sentimental value.  I will keep it safe and sound for her until she has a house to hang it at (hopefully next year!).
here we are at a winery, of course

After emptying the truck I poured myself a glass of wine, made a skillet dinner of gnocci with a side of green beans, did a pedicure, took a hot bath, drank some pumpkin spice cocoa, and tucked myself into bed by 9 p.m.  I didn't spend time crying or looking at photos or reminiscing about our wedding or playing on social media.  I just ended the day as calmly as it started.
And just like that, its the weekend again!


Gina

No comments: