Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Weekend re-cap: Highlands, Marble Falls, Bear King, Fiesta, stress

As weekends go, it was a mix of both fun times and stress times.  Seems to be a theme lately.  We ate All-you-can-eat catfish at Cafe 2300 on Friday, then drove around a neighborhood that had a house for sale since Hubby had set up up with a meeting with that realtor this coming Sunday.  But I think we will cancel that appointment - the neighborhood was verry dicey.
I should have pulled those bird nests down while I had the chance...

We putseyed around Highlands on Saturday, working on projects here and there.  I painted the inside of the pumphouse, Hubby did some weed-whacking and other chores. {One of these days I will post pics of the inside of the pumphouse.  Exciting, I know.} 
On Sunday, we ventured to Marble Falls to look at another small house for sale, on the tip of some friends of ours.  It was very small, needed lots of renovations, and came with sticker shock.  No thanks.  We soothed ourselves with tacos and beer afterwards.  It was an OK lunch, not great.  {Sort of the same theme mentioned in the beginning of this post}
Then, since we are wine club members and close by, we stopped into Fiesta for a tasting and a bottle of wine on the shady patio.
Of course it started to rain,  Of course.
This whole house hunting thing is stressing me out.  We want to build on our property but it will take a good 18 months and we still need somewhere to live...we might have to change up the plan a bit considering what is going on with the housing market.  We don't want two house notes for more than about 2 months or so.  An additional plan might be to park an RV on the property - that was we could be close by while it is being built.  Of course, there are wrinkles to that plan, too.  Do we sell Mabel to buy the new RV?  Fund the septic system first so we can park on Highlands? Move into an apartment or condo instead?
And what about my job?
Cue stress.


Gina 

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I don’t blame you. I would be stressed out too. House hunting is only fun if you don’t plan to move. I plan to live in my current house until I fall off my perch. No more moving for me. I hope you enjoyed your catfish dinner. Would you believe I have never eaten catfish before?