Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Almond Lime Quick Bread

I wish I could remember where I got this recipe from so I could credit it back - if it looks like one of yours, let me know!  I was in the mood to make the house smell homey.  A slice or two of this bread with our eggs for breakfast made for a great treat on a rainy weekday!
I haven't done much in the way of baking this year, so when I do, it really is a treat for us!  It starts with a baking mix, which made it really easy.  And I bet you can use different flavors of Jell-O - strawberry would be nice.  Here's the recipe:

Almond-Lime Bread
1 small box lime Jell-O (save out 1 t. of dry Jell-O)
3 c. buttermilk baking mix
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. sour cream (I used plain Greek yogurt) 
1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
1/4 c. sliced almonds
Glaze:
2 T hot water
1 c. confectioner's sugar
1/4 t. almond extract
1 t. reserved Jell-O powder
(I froze one loaf for future breakfasts!)

Preheat oven to 350, and grease and flour two loaf pans.  Combine Jell-O, baking mix, and sugar.  Add sour cream, milk, and eggs and mix all until well-blended.  Spoon the batter into the pans and bake for 40 minutes.  Let them cool a little while you mix the glaze ingredients until smooth.  Remove loaves from baking pans and drizzle with glaze, then sprinkle with almonds.  So good served warm with your coffee! Or an egg and turkey sausage...
Happy Wednesday,


Gina 

1 comment:

Kim said...

Definitely not mine, I'm not a baker, but this makes me wish I were. Boy it looks good!!