Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Pumphouse refresh

This is 100% not exciting to anyone but me, but I painted the inside of the pumphouse, aka The Shower House.  The inside walls were raw compressed board.  The floors are concrete.  The light fixtures are cheap apartment grade.  BUT.  The shower is hot and delightful in the fall and winter months*.  And as we put together the whole thing ourselves, I think it is pretty darn ingenious.  So I thought it deserved a refresh.
I used a basic white eggshell finish indoor wall paint.  Screwed some hooks into the walls.  Washed and hung up some pool towels that my peeps used years ago when we visited the neighborhood pool on a regular basis in the summer.  (just used cheap screw in hooks here) I added a hook for a blow-dryer (not pictured), and a small mirror as well.
I washed the two heavy duty vinyl shower liners to hang from skinny metal shower hooks - nothing fancy here.  Painted the support box that the shower tub sits on with some oops paint from Lowe's.  Scrubbed the floors and shower tub.  Added an indoor/outdoor rug.  There is a window with a fan, and in the winter we have a small space heater in here.
A friend of mine did this acrylic painting and added Texas beach sand to the bottom of the pic.  I hung it proudly in my new and improved Shower House.  I would show you the rest of the room - its teeny tiny - but you aren't missing much, believe me.  There is a hanging shower organizer with eco-friendly shampoo and soap, brush and comb, toothbrush and toothpaste supplies.  A propane tank attached to a gas powered shower heater, and a spa shower head.  We have a shelving system in here that we rescued from the dumpster at Hubby's old office - on it we store potty essentials, the space heater, and cleaning supplies.  A clock radio from my college days plays the local jazz station 24/7.  
We cleaned up the outside of the Shower House by getting rid of some floor tiles that were stacked around the well head, and I planted some cactus near the door.  Its one of my favorite places now.  Maybe when I get the hang of my Cricut I will make a sign for the door.  (:  There is much to be said about a place to take a hot shower!


Gina

*We still have a spot behind the barn where we can take outdoor showers when it hits 100 degrees out!


1 comment:

Kim said...

Paint it the magic transformer...and now you have a pretty view and a warm shower!