Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Weekend Re-cap - Brenham, Burnet, home

Last weekend was FULL.
I met my long time (40 years, she reminded me!) college friend {Carolia!}, at Royer's Alamo Kitchen in downtown Brenham, for lunch on Saturday.  The food was pretty good - for me it was fish tacos, with warm pecan pie and coffee for dessert.
 Three hours disappeared in a minute.
I stopped by my mother's house afterwards to take her some Christmas gifts and some Blueberry Crumble pie, do a little light housekeeping, and visit with her.  I think the gift she appreciates the most is the gift of my TIME and I resolve to give her more of it in the coming year.
 Back home, I opened the fudge that Carol made and it is amazing!!
She bought each of my dear ones a warm and cozy blanket which I stacked around the so-called kid's tree.  {Carol is another of those people I want to spend more time with in 2020!  We are going to work on a 40th year Girl's Trip to somewhere and do something}
Sunday saw Hubby and I in Cottonwood Shores, just outside of Marble Falls.  We had lunch at a new-to-us Mexican restaurant, then saw  "A Twisted Christmas Carol" at the local community theater. We also drove around a bit and enjoyed the beautiful weather - what a cute little community it is.  
 
We checked on Highlands, then headed back to Austin...but on the way we had to stop to admire the Christmas lights in Burnet.  The Courthouse decorations were so beautiful - people were stopping to take pics and just admire them.
The little mini-trail of lights is a 5 minute walk and very peaceful.
Before you knew it, the weekend was over.  We headed home to enjoy some Chili Lime Chicken Burgers, salad, and mac and cheese - a pantry meal that hit the spot.  And *BLINK*  its Christmas Day!  Today, my dear ones and I are having a different kind of Christmas - everyone is grown and a couple of them are making lives with partners, so Christmas looks a bit different, but we will navigate it together, just like we did so many years ago when we started our family. 
Merry Christmas, everyone!


Gina

No comments: