Friday, December 13, 2019

5 thing Friday - snack plans, weather, stocking, eating out, pick-ups

I still haven't finished my Christmas shopping, but its time to focus on making treats!  This year, I opted out of the cookie baking which, for me makes my kitchen a giant mess, and go with gussied up snacks.  I get a lot of recipes from the Plain Chicken blog - this year I am doing Cheesy Firecrackers, Oreo Muddy Buddies, and a White Chocolate Candy Cane Chex Mix.  My peeps at work are getting a treats tray with some cute ornaments
 The weather here is ridiculously wonderful.
Sunny and cool days, colder nights, so much sunshine!  At a recent winery I saw people gathering around this fence trying to "pet" the Longhorns.  They aren't pets, people!  Does nicer weather mean you forget such things? Those horns will POKE you. 
I made LA a stocking.  Its so tacky!!  I will fill it much the same as I fill the others - candy, lip balm, a lottery ticket, a small giftie, an orange and an apple.  Firstborn says she has never had one, so this one needs to be good!
Hubby and I enjoy eating out, but we need to cut waaay back on the budget for such as December is a spendy month.  Lunch at a cheapie Mexican restaurant on our recent travels was a good compromise.  We left $12 poorer but it was so good.
The wine trail was in full swing this last weekend.  We greatly enjoyed visiting this one as there was live music, the Spring-like weather, and delish wine.  I poured one glass for both of us, stashed the bottle in my purse, and dragged Hubby away to the next winery.  I am looking forward to not getting pulled and pushed for the month of January...


Gina

1 comment:

Pattie said...

Cheesy firecrackers? I do like the sound of that!