Friday, December 20, 2019

5 thing Friday - trees, decor, small town places, nails, crafting

It seems like Thanksgiving was last week, but no, it was three weeks ago and its about to be Christmas.  It has flown by!  Good thing I got the decor up when I did because I WOULD NOT have felt like it by now.  And forget me spiffing and adding to - no one has time for that this year.
The so-called kids' tree is more of the "fun" tree this year, and I am OK with that.
 The living room tree didn't get decorated like it looked in my head and I am OK with that, too.  Its done.
This year's ornament from Hubby's boss is a sweet light up snow globe from Pottery Barn.  It has one of those "magical" trees in it - the little bottle brush kind.  Other than the blue ribbon, I purchased nothing new for the tree.  Next year, I would dearly love a flocked fake pre-lit tree.  For real. One tree.  Not two.
Speaking of Christmas trees, check out the one in front of the courthouse in Burnet.  All of the light posts near the square are decorated like peppermint-striped candles.  All of it is so lovely. Maybe on Sunday we can walk through the square when the sun goes down.  The Girl will be home, so we'll see.
You can make beer kegs into reindeer!  This was in a window in Johnson City at a favorite place to eat lunch.  I love walking these small town squares, eating at the restaurants and poking around the shops!
 
 I've been trying to look cute on weekends, starting with painting my nails. 
Its a hit or miss thingWhatcha think?
I bought some plastic ornaments for super cheap at Micheal's and filled one with corks and jingle bells, the other with fake snow, crochet snowflakes, and some faux greenery.  I had everything but the ornaments already, so it was thrifty, too.  They will be a sweet addition to some gifts and about the last craft I will have time for before Chirstmas gets here.  {But I should do it again next year, since it was so fun and they turned out cute!}
Ho, Ho, Ho.


Gina

No comments: