Friday, July 12, 2019

5 thing Friday - front yard, corks, cooking and eating, table, 3 year olds

File this yard under things that make me sad:
 At this point it would take us hiring someone to do some serious tree trimming and lay sod.  And let's not even talk about that maroon van...
 One of Hubby's co-workers gave him three garbage bags of corks!  He estimated that there were about 3000 of them in here.  I am brainstorming what all I can make with them.  I think they would make awesome memo boards or decor.
 Last of the oven use...baked mac and cheese and chocolate chip bars.
I followed a recipe from Pandora's Box for the easy mac and cheese, and I adjusted my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe to make bars, adding in pecans and oatmeal and spreading in an 8x8 dish.  And now the challenge is to find skillet and crock pot meals for the rest of the summer!
Like the pulled pork featured in the above photo - a crock pot win.
 Breakfast once a week:  eggs.  Maybe with some sizzled ham in a quesadilla...yuuum
And OK, the occasional eat out event - including a trip to San Marcos and a plate of enchiladas at Herbert's.  (and I realize that non of the foods I just mentioned are particularly healthy!)  We found a place for him to live (right near the engineering building) and he and Hubby have taken on the campus tour.  Still left to do: get advised, get registered, visit financial aid office, and get his apartment stuff.
 A neighbor had this IKEA table sitting out on their sidewalk so I asked if I could take it off their hands.  Yes!  Firstborn has one just like it, so now he's got a matched set for his place.  It was in mint condition and cleaned up very nicely.  Zero dollars is a good price.
 
I found this collage of sorts that I decopaged on the top of a box.  I don't know why I have it hidden in a drawer - it makes me smile very time I see it.  Seems like yesterday they were little, but the oldest is 29 and the youngest is 20.  How does time pass so quickly?



1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Corks! I have been begging neighbors for corks because they make the best mulch for potted plants. I am curious to know what you'll do with them. That quesadilla looks delish. I need to try that!