Friday, July 26, 2019

5 thing Friday - chicken house, quilt, list, corks, Bubbie

This is the project we helped my mother with last weekend:
Its the floor of the chicken house.  I cannot begin to describe how nasty a project it was.  So I won't.  Just know.  Hubby pulled up the flooring and threw out all of the pine shavings.  Roaches were involved...shudders.
The after - a new vinyl floor and clean pine shavings under the roosts.  Mother says that now some of the chickens are refusing to go inside.  If I owned chickens, they would have a regular chicken wire coop...but that's just me.
 She sent home one of her quilts for Bubbie to take with him to college.
The name of it is Shoo Fly.  I love how she embroiders her artist signature and adds the date she completed it.
 The list of things to do last Saturday cracked me up when I found it in my purse.  Don't forget rat poison and lunch!
 After I got the cork bulletin board home, I quickly set to deconstructing it.  I plan on rearranging the corks, this time laying them all out first BEFORE I start gluing them down.  And I think I will go with a different pattern - stay tuned.
The pile of things for Bubbie's apartment is growing - only 26 days to go, but who's counting?  I pulled these dishes and bullet trash can out of the things Firstborn left in the garage.  We've had that trash can longer than we've had Bubbie...



No comments: