Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Turkey trottin' and other pursuits...

 Blerg.  The laundry pile.  It's not really getting smaller.  Why is that?  Oh, yeah, duh.  I'm still helping the boys with theirs.  Marching season is over and one of them is now old enough to vote and serve in the military, so I'm thinking this is the dead last time my bed looks like this on a Wednesday.
 A sweet cozy spot to enjoy the firepit.  I'm going to be scouring the thrift shops for more of these crochet afghan blanket thingies.  I love them.  This one is ca. 1983 and was given to me by my MIL.  Sweet lady who loved me.  I envision lots of s'mores right here.
While I was at it, I cleaned up the patio and added a cute something to the middle of the table - a "tool" box made by Bubbie in scouts many years ago - filled with gourds, pinecones, and dried leaves I already had.
 Frugal lunch using what was handy:  A carmelized onion and colby jack quesadilla with whole wheat tortilla, and some sliced tomato with green chili dressing.  It was yum.  And quick, which was good cause I got stuff to do!
GO ME!  Menu plans for November.  And grocery lists that go with.  I'm feeling more with-it and organized by the day...I'm sure that walking daily has helped me think clearly, sleep more deeply, and generally feel better.
And besides, I have to get ready for this:
http://thundercloud.com/index.php/trot-home
How on earth am I going to walk 5 miles with 10,000 other people in just two hours?
Now...how was your Wednesday?





No comments: