Friday, November 22, 2013

Fun thrift finds for November

I've had a bit of fun lately stopping by thrift shops while out running errands.  On one occasion, I was actually looking for work shirts for Hubby - usually I just look at everything - but I was on a mission that day.
I found him 6 shirts in great shape for $29 and a some other odds and ends.
Including this very sweet Santa mug which looks like handpainted pottery.  I think I paid a dollar or two for it.  On another day, I was finally able to stop into the Assistance League's thrift store and had so much fun pawing through the vintage finds!
They had one half of the store dedicated to Christmas and they were doing a good business that day.
I didn't really mean to get caught up in the Christmas of it all - there was just so much of it!  It was like going to your grandmother's garage and rooting around.  Some of it, I felt, was overpriced, some was really reasonable.  I ended up with some fun, old yarn embellished ornaments and a ball one that is marked "1975 Decorna"  - wonder what it's worth?
I love  it - a sweet Santa and a decopage look.
I also ended up with two like-new silk ties for Hubby for $1 each, and a crocheted afghan for $8, plus the tablecloth for our holiday table.  That's about all the thrifting I can afford to do for a while, but it sure was fun!  What about you?  Been thrifting lately?



No comments: