Monday, December 3, 2012

Mealplan Monday #37 and simple Christmas decorating

In keeping with my plan to keep holiday decorating simple and spend very little money on it, I fished out some faux greenery, berries, and ribbon from my stash and put it all in a hanging doodad on the front door.  I like how it turned out - better than a wreath.  Also, you can't see it here, but I put some garland I already had around the front door and intertwined a light string we've had for YEARS.  Seriously.  I think we purchased them in 1991.  They are still going strong!
******
Monday - Calamity Chicken, cabbage and carrots
Tuesday - Homemade mac and cheese, salad
Wednesday - Pork chops, rice with onions and peppers, cinnamon sweet potatoes
Thursday - Mexican Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, zucchini
Friday - Scout and Dad eat quick dinner; the rest of us maybe Chinese?
Saturday - Mom p/u dinner on the way home
Sunday -  Hamburger Soup (except I'm using ground turkey), pumpkin corn muffins
******
With all the camping and me picking up dinners out this week, it's a good thing I am being frugal in other ways...
 Owing to my love of pine cones, I placed a basket of them near the front door with more faux greenery.  They are the cinnamon kind and smell nice, even outdoors!








1 comment:

Marie said...

Lovely Holiday decorations! I like using what I have too!
<3