Monday, December 17, 2012

Mealplan Monday #39 and some snazzy red pillows

I found time to sew a couple of red throw pillows for the living room recently.  It was  good to pause and do something peacful and quiet - like sewing!
I had a curtain panel that I had found on clearance at Target, got it home, and realized it wouldn't work.  Blah.  I kept it thinking I could make something else with it, though.
Originally I planned on sprucing up these chairs.  They seem plain to me, and in need of a pillow or two...
I laid the curtain out to make sure it would work.  Perfect.  these are some very old pillows from a sectional we no longer own - ca. 1988.
 I used an envelope closure.  I ironed out the fabric, doubled it over for maximum thickness,
and pinned where to sew.  Took me about 30 minutes total for two pillows, but that included hauling my machine out, threading a bobbin,  and vacuuming the furniture.
******
Monday - Four ingredient Enchiladas, rice, salad
Tuesday - Slow cooker pot roast, masheds, broccoli/cauliflower
Wednesday - Brown Sugar Chicken, rice, carrots
Thursday - Sausage and spinach cresent pockets, salad
Friday - Ham and Cheese Party Rolls, Smokey Corn Chowder
Saturday - Dad grills
Sunday - Freezer meal
Monday - Chicken Tortilla Soup after church
Tuesday - Spiral sliced ham, green bean casserole, 5cup salad*, rolls,
and...BIRTHDAY CAKE for Bubbie!
*recipe soon
******
 
They actually look pretty over on the cinnamon sofa.  I might have to think of some other pillows for the chairs.
The Girl is home for Christmas!  Feels like the holiday is beginning! A busy week ahead with work, and visiting family and friends...  (:




No comments: