Saturday, April 7, 2012

Thrifty Easter table

Seems like Easter sneaked up on me this year.  And I wanted to make the dining room pretty for our family lunch.  My plan was to find some cute placemats and napkins, devise a centerpiece, and get curtains to hang. Two out of three accomplished!
At Goodwill I found this metal cup and saucer sculpture thingy.  For 99 cents I couldn't put it down.  And look!  6 Battenburg lace trimmed napkins for $6.  YAY!!!  They match the small tablecloth I will use on top of a Spring-y yellow one.
I needed the napkins for these - bunny ear folded napkins.  OMG so cute. I found the tutorial here.  I found the round green placemats on sale at Kohl's for $2.49 each.  I can use them for other holidays or just whenever.  The little yellow candles were a buck each at Wal-Mart.
 The tea cup thingy got some florist foam and moss that I already had with some flowers I picked up from Dollar Tree.  The bunny from Salvation Army got moved to the dining room and got a new ribbon bow.
 The cat can't eat these.  Go, me!  I was going to spray paint it - kinda glad I didn't now.
The napkin bunnies have hopped over to the china cabinet until I set the table tomorrow morning...
 
...because someone I know is still using the table for the computer.
Are you ready for Easter?  I can't wait to spend time with my nearest and dearest  (:
Happy Easter!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love the way you blog, Gina. Total reality in every post. Yes, we do have the same placemats. I found mine at the Dollar store in red, yellow, blue, and brown!! ;) Thanks so much for visiting!