Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Recap

My day off was both relaxing and tiring at the same time!  After sleeping in, (yay!) I hung out at Sonic for an hour and a half sipping my coffee, reading my paper, and being entertained and fed by a sweet girlie on roller skates (the Girl!). Then it was off to my sister's house to visit and take her some curtains. THAT turned into ripping her wallpaper down in her kitchen and making plans to help her redecorate!  Suffice it to say that when I got home around 2 p.m., I was pooped! The fam met me at the door to gave me a nice MD present - mini digital TV for my kitchen counter.  Turns out they were pooped as I was; The Girl had worked all weekend, dad and boys camped.  Basically, they all passed out for about 2 hours!  So, while I know there's probably a Mother's Day rule about not doing work, I couldn't help myself...after all, you don't stop being mom for the first Sunday in May....Laundry and dishes done, we headed out to Elsi's for Salvadorian food.
I had a great dinner with my favorite people!

So good!  We were all still tired, but had a great dinner, followed by ice cream at home.  All in all, it was a productive and relaxing day at the same time and a great Mother's Day!
How was yours?


1 comment:

Marie said...

Sounds like a perfect day! I got to read a book
with few interruptions! That's a big thing for me!