Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Chicken Mole Verde

I'm having another of those weeks where my 'project' isn't turning out as planned.  Crock pot to the rescue!  Pretty much, a crock pot makes everything better.  I'm convinced.  Tuesday morning: staring down a package of raw chicken, I decide to make mole. Verde Mole.  Never made it. But it looks good.  And very verde.
Are you kidding me? I don't have time to learn a new recipe; I am varnishing chairs today. Not that they are turning out right. But even so...I'm busy. So I just mixed the mole with chicken broth,
 browned the chicken,
threw it into the crock with the mole sauce, added some peppers and onions,
along with a sprinkling of oregano. And a little salt.
Then walked away for about 8 hours while it cooked on low.
 Oohh...my favorite part: served it with rice and fresh green beans.
Hubby went back for seconds.  That was easy!  Wish refinishing the chairs was...






Shared with:

No comments: