Friday, May 21, 2010

Creamy jalapeno dressing, ole!

Heartburn or no heartburn, we are having taco salads tonight!  And I found a recipe for creamy jalapeno dressing like they serve at Chuy's, a popular Austin restaurant.  So here's what I needed,and please pretend I remembered to add mayo, because I did!
Creamy Jalapeno Dressing
Pickled japs in juice, a packet of ranch dressing mix, 1/2 cup buttermilk, 
1 c. mayo (the real thing), and 1/2 a bunch of cilantro, chopped with stems removed.  I dumped the japs into the blender with a little juice and chopped them up, then added all else and blended together.
Looks good, smelled even better!
The recipe suggests you make it hours before you want to use it.  I think hubby will be very happy to see this beside his taco salad - it's his favorite thing at Chuy's.  I will toss a bagged salad with black beans, green onions, avocado, tomato, and a little seasoned, cooked ground beef.  Yum....need to go buy some beer to go with. TGIF, ya'll!



3 comments:

Mom of Three Cute Kids! said...

Mmmm...I'll have to make that and just not tell Brent what is in it. He likes it at Chuys but would have a fit if he knew there was mayo in it!

Gretchen Seefried said...

Oh NO No No!!! I LOVE this recipe!!! Anything with cream and jalapenos is great with me! Oh I am so loving this blog! I am coming over from I'm Lovin it! How appropriate!!! Please consider linking up this recipe on Midchix.com in the flock named "MAMA CAN COOK"!!! Because you area a mama that can cook! I am proud to be a new follower! Yes I am!

elizabeth said...

Wait, wait - I'm so very excited about this recipe, but I need a bit of an idea about how many peppers to add! I"m assuming it's "too taste", but about what did you start with?

And oh how my family will love this. :)