Friday, January 25, 2019

Scout's closet plans - phase one

One day last week I opened up the closet in Scout's old bedroom and things actually fell on me.  Some of this crap has to GO.
Now this isn't the norm here - but I had let this closet become a catch-all and since he's been out on his own a little over a year, I figured it was time to get it cleared out.  Scout, just like the others, was attached to some of his cherished toys long after he was too old for them.  And I can't just chunk them over to Goodwill yet.  But they don't have to live here in this closet.
 {He's 23.  Time to let go of some of the stuff of childhood.}
I want this closet to be strictly a guest bedroom closet, not a dump for things I don't know what to do with.  I want the Girl to have a place to hang clothes when she visits, and a place to store some of Teddy's things so they don't have to be hauled back and forth from Houston.   I just don't have a lot of time to work on these projects nowadays...so I'm tackling it in phases.
I set a timer for 30 minutes and pulled everything out.  I wiped down the shelves and vacuumed it pretty thoroughly.  Then I put back everything that was going to either end up in my crafts closet when Firstborn gets his new apartment, or stay in there for when The Girl visits with Teddy.  {I'm looking forward to getting The Lounge back. I will miss Firstborn but I dearly want him to be out on his own.  And I want a crafts/office space back!}
For now I am loving the empty spaces up top. 
And everything in here is something I have a short term plan for.  Now I need to take a load of stuff to the garage for long term storage.  {pile not shown!} And something tells me there will need to be some hard decisions made about a lot of that stuff.





2 comments:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I have one of those closets, #2's spare clothes in case she decided to sleep over, her fav stuffed animals in a bin (saving for when her future daughter comes to visit (she is not even pregnant), cheerleading sneakers (in case she wants to help dad mow the lawn during a visit (I am laughing quite hard over that one), extra pillows that we have never had to use, and my grandson's toy box - the only useful item in the closet!! They just dont't want to totally "leave home", do they!!!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

30 minutes? You set a timer for 30 minutes and did all of this? Girl, you are my hero!