Friday, May 26, 2017

5 thing Friday - burgers, photos, Bubbie, triquetra, weekends

One day last week I took myself and my free burger coupon to Mighty Fine.
I have to say it was better than I remember it being.  The burger was gigantic, fixed just the way I like it (read: mayo) and the onion rings were hot and crispy.  Austin has so many great places to get a burger!  My favorites are Whataburger and Top Notch.  I thought In and Out was pretty meh. P.Terry's and Short Stop are fine if you want an "OK" burger for a quick lunch.  Shake Shack is decent but ridiculously overpriced for what you get.  I love Smashburger - the fries are the bomb! And I had a bulgogi burger at Burger Tex recently that was pretty darn tasty.  I'm no burger aficionado, but I know what I like.  (:
I put together this collection of school photos for Bubbie in a mat and frame combo for $9 from Hobby Lobby. Those school photo packages you get at school?  I had so many photos left over and yet finding each year's pic was tricky!  However, I didn't sob all the way through it, so yay me.
 Bubbie and his GF of 3 years at the final band concert of the year.  So bittersweet!
 They had cupcakes decorated with the senior's baby pics.  Adorable.
I don't know how Bubbie feels about all these "lasts" he's a part of.  I think the month of May has flown by so fast, he hasn't had time to think about it much.  Plus, he started his first job and got a checking account, so in addition to finishing out the school year and all of it's tests and deadlines and applications and activities, he's been BUSY.
Graduation announcements went out yesterday so I feel somewhat on the ball.
I pondered buying one more James Avery charm for my bracelet to call it done, but it was going to be pricey.  So I went on Etsy and found this triquetra medallion, which is exactly what I wanted, and JA soldered it on fo free.  The triquetra is our symbol for Highlands.
Hubby and I enjoyed some wood fired pizza and cool weather on a breezy patio at Saddlehorn last weekend after visiting my mother in Brenham.  Hubby puts up with a lot...  His reward is weekends spent relaxing and sipping wine.  
As it should be.

 

2 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Great pictures. Bitterweet is seems. Very cool on the burgers. Happy Weekend.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I really enjoy the "Five Things on Friday" posts. It's always fun to read about the interesting highlights of your week. I need to give this a try as well.